May 17, 2022

519 Magazine

Complete News World

TSM Stock: Taiwan Semiconductor Crushes Q1 أهداف Targets

TSM Stock: Taiwan Semiconductor Crushes Q1 أهداف Targets

Semiconductor manufacturing in Taiwan (TSM), the world’s largest chip smelter, on Thursday smashed expectations for the first quarter and rose over the current period. But TSM stock wobbled on the news.




X



The company, known as TSMC, earned $1.40 per US share on sales of $17.57 billion in the March quarter. Analysts expected TSMC to earn $1.27 per share on sales of $16.74 billion, according to FactSet. Year-over-year, Taiwan Semi’s profits increased 47% while sales increased 36%.

For the second quarter, TSMC forecast revenue of $17.6 billion to $18.2 billion. The midpoint of $17.9 billion is above the Wall Street consensus estimate of $17.33 billion.

The ‘quasi-Taiwan’ company forecast a gross margin of 56% to 58% in the June quarter. That’s up from 55.6% in the March quarter.

TSM arrow swing

In the morning trading on stock market todayTSM stock initially rose 3% but then reversed. In recent trading, it is down 1.5% to 100.

CFO Wendell Huang Fei said: new version.

He added, “Going into the second quarter of 2022, we expect our business to continue to be supported by HPC and auto-related demand, partially offset by smartphone seasonality.”

In the first quarter, 5nm chip shipments accounted for 20% of total chip revenue and 7nm chips accounted for 30%. Advanced technologies, defined as 7nm and more advanced technologies, account for 50% of total chip revenue. The width of the circles on the chips is measured in nanometers, that is, one billionth of a meter.

Almost Taiwan’s gains from technological transformations

Meanwhile, Wedbush Securities analyst Matt Bryson reiterated his outperformance assessment of TSM stock after the report.

See also  Netflix Is Losing Its Subscribers, Leading Into Stock By 25%

“We continue to see TSMC benefit from structural shifts in technology innovation that require increased semiconductor content (eg, 5G, AI, etc.),” he said in a note to customers. “The high growth rate generated by the semi-finals combined with continued TSMC share gains should drive accelerated growth for TSMC in the medium term.”

Moreover, TSMC took market share from Intel Corporation (INTC), Bryson said.

TSM’s stock ranks 17th out of 44 stocks in IBD’s semiconductor industry group, according to IBD stock check. it’s average IBD Compound Classification Out of 69 out of 99. The IBD composite rating combines five separate proprietary ratings into one easy-to-use rating. The best growth stocks have a composite rating of 90 or better.

Since hitting a record high of 145 on January 13, TSM stock is down 30% as of Wednesday’s close of 101.50.

Follow Patrick Seitz on Twitter at Tweet embed For more stories about consumer technologies, software and semiconductor stocks.

You may also like:

Netflix stock prepares for Q1 report with possible slowest growth in 10 years

Apple hardware subscriptions can speed up iPhone upgrades

Stocks to buy and watch: top IPOs, large and small companies, growth stocks

Find winning stocks using MarketSmith’s pattern recognition system and custom screens

See stocks in the leader list near the point of purchase