What better way to chase away the dreary, chilly winter blues of February then to come downtown to the First Friday Cultural Walkabout. It’s a quick walk from one welcoming door to the next where you can enjoy everything from live music, to interesting art, to delicious foods, to warming drinks. Not to mentioning the shops open to sell you all manner of unique goods in time to give your sweetie for Valentine Day.
Below is a sampling of what events you will find with even more to discover in your downtown during the evening of the February 1st First Friday.
Remember parking in the downtown lots and on the street is always free after 6:00 p.m.
To be in the know about downtown events during the entire month, remember to LIKE www.facebook.com/SarniaFirstFriday
Judith & Norman Alix Art Gallery – 147 Lochiel St
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Members Reception at 7:00pm Kaleidoscope: Sarnia Quilter’s Guild celebrates its 40th anniversary with a splash of quilts inspired by art, colour and history. – Flying School: Dianne Landry: Umbrella’s come to life as living, breathing entities in a garden of colour and sound.
Artopia Gallery & Framing – 188 Christina St N
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – New work by painter John Lightfoot
zZas Pizza Bistro – 170 Christina St N
- 6:00 -9:00 p.m. – live music with Blackmore & Blackmore
W. Lawton Gallery located behind the Imperial Theatre Box Office by The Capitol Bar-168 Christina St. N
- 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Meet artists Patti Cook and James Burdan
Cheeky Monkey – 130 Christina St. N
- 7:00 -9:00 p.m. – Live acoustic stylings by Strum n Drum. Plus art show & sale “Gifts Abound” by Bill Walters
Cowboys & Indians – 121 Christina St. N
- Open until 9:00 p.m. – Works by Local First Nations Artists
Hawg Bar – 117 Christina St. N
- 9:00 – 11:00 p.m. – Featuring Music by: Celtic Hillbillies
100 Christina St.
- 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Screen Printing Demo/Discussion by Dave Moore
The Cove Mental Health & Wellness – 140 Front St. S.
- 6:00 -9:00 p.m. – Acoustic band Circle the City + local makers/artisans exhibit & sale + local food & beverage suppliers with free samples to enjoy
The Lawrence House Centre for the Arts – 127 Christina St. S
- 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.- Doug Hacking at the piano
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. FROM HERE Lambton College Arts Collective Exhibition Photography, Pottery, Drawing, Painting
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Transformations: Stories of Partnership, Resilience and Positive Change, Photos and stories by the Ontario Council for International Cooperation and Allan Lissner, Praxis Pictures
- 7:30 – 9:00 p.m Spoken Word with Lois Nantais and Ryan Gibb
One Tooth – 155 Front St N
- Open until 9:00 p.m. – featuring Live Edge wood pieces + biannual blowout sale
Cafe Yoga: Sarnia Reiki, Meditation & Yoga – 150.5 Front St. N. Suite 7
- 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. – “Into the Wild” Photo Exhibit by Laura Louise Persichetti – Enjoy music, hot drinks & good vibes
Royal Canadian Legion Branch 62 – 286 Front St N.
- 8:00 p.m. to midnight – Music and dancing with Cornerstone
Bad Dog Sarnia – 229 Christina St N
- 8:00 – midnight – Mat Gauthier
Ups N’ Downs – 226 Front St N
- 9:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. – live music – Dan Butts